Operation of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants
This revised edition integrates the experiences, current practices, and innovations from thousands of wastewater treatment plants. Updated to reflect the latest trends, regulations and technologies, this three-volume, hard-cover manual aims to be the principal reference source for...
This revised edition integrates the experiences, current practices, and innovations from thousands of wastewater treatment plants. Updated to reflect the latest trends, regulations and technologies, this three-volume, hard-cover manual aims to be the principal reference source for beginners or veterans in the wastewater field. Published by WEF Press. Hard cover. 2016 total pages. 2007.
Also available as individual chapter downloads.
Save 10% when you order the MOP 11 & Study Guide Set.
Available as an ebook from Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble. Click here to order the Kindle Edition from Amazon.com today!
Updates to the Sixth Edition:
- Information related to the evolution of the Clean Water Act, changes in financing, advances in wastewater treatment technology such as membrane and microfiltration and ultrafiltration, and environmental management systems
- A focus on Pretreatment Program requirements
- New safety material on parasites
- Expanded recordkeeping information related to risk management, regulation updates, and information technology integration and security
- Information on additional sensors and personnel protection and security
- Updated pumping information, recognizing improvements in pump driver and control technologies, and computerized systems
- Information on condition-based maintenance
- Updated odor control methods and technologies
- New examples of standard operating procedures
- Review of current outsourcing options
- A different approach to training development
- New sections on vortex grit chambers and screening presses
- New expanded discussions on primary sludge fermentation, enhanced primary treatment, dissolved air flotation primary systems, and combined grit removal/primary treatment processes
- A complete rewrite of the nutrient removal chapter
- Disinfection-related safety and security information
- Discussion of final disposition of biosolids and associated costs
- Information on digestion pretreatment technologies, advanced digestion processes, regulatory issues associated with anaerobic digestion, and an expanded section on gas cleaning technologies
- New performance requirements for beneficial reuse, resulting in techniques that improve the process performance of aerobic digestion
Order No: WPM711
Publisher: WEF Press