This study guide is a companion to the sixth edition of Operation of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants, Manual of Practice No. 11. These two publications serve as the principal training documents for plant managers, superintendents, and operators of municipal wastewater treatment plants as well...
This study guide is a companion to the sixth edition of Operation of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants, Manual of Practice No. 11. These two publications serve as the principal training documents for plant managers, superintendents, and operators of municipal wastewater treatment plants as well as college students and consulting engineers. The manual and study guide can be used for training classes, studying for certification exams, and improving the quality of operations within the treatment plant or firm. As with the updated manual, this study guide reflects the state of the art in plant management and operation. The questions emphasize principles of treatment, plant management, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance.
Operating a wastewater treatment facility is challenging and requires continuing education to keep up with those challenges. As such, this study guide contains challenging questions and detailed solutions. A list of symbols and acronyms, conversion factors, and a glossary are also Included in this study guide. These questions can be used to help develop advanced knowledge and ensure that wastewater treatment facilities are fulfilling their mission of environmental protection. Published by WEF. 2007. 326 pages. Spiral bound.
Save 10% when you order the MOP 11 & Study Guide Set.
- Permit Compliance and Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Fundamentals of Management
- Industrial Wastes and Pretreatment
- Management Information Systems-Reports and Records
- Process Instrumentation
- Pumping of Wastewater and Sludge
- Chemical Storage, Handling, and Feeding
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Odor Control
- Integrated Process Management
- Outsourced Operations Services and Public/Private Partnerships
- Characterization and Sampling of Wastewater
- Preliminary Treatment
- Primary Treatment
- Activated Sludge
- Trickling Filters, Rotating Biological Contactors, and Combined Processes
- Biological Nutrient Removal Processes
- Natural Biological Processes
- Physical-Chemical Treatment
- Process Performance Improvements
- Effluent Disinfection
- Management of Solids
- Characterization and Sampling of Sludges and Residuals
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Aerobic Digestion
- Additional Stabilization Methods
- Symbols and Acronyms
- Conversion Factors
Order No: STGMOP11
Publisher: Water Environment Federation (WEF)
This publication is available to members and customers outside the U.S., its territories, Canada, and Mexico by ordering through Portland Customer Services.