Green Infrastructure Implementation provides actionable information that promotes the implementation of green infrastructure. Unlike most publications, which focus on technical design of individual green elements, this book tackles topics that relate directly to the ability to implement green...
Green Infrastructure Implementation provides actionable information that promotes the implementation of green infrastructure. Unlike most publications, which focus on technical design of individual green elements, this book tackles topics that relate directly to the ability to implement green infrastructure. The collection of programmatic and planning topics is unique in current literature, and covers a range of issues from stormwater to public education. Green Infrastructure Implementation identifies obstacles and provides guidance in possible approaches to overcoming them at the programmatic level. It also provides clear and actionable suggestions as to the selection and planning of green infrastructure at different scales and identifies considerations for implementation based on type of practice and specific geographic considerations. Each topic details an assessment of barriers and potential challenges and includes case studies that show how they can be addressed.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview
- Chapter 2: Navigating the Institutional Landscape
- Chapter 3: The Framework of Regulations, Standards, and Structures: Essential Steps and Understanding Required to Promote Green Solutions
- Chapter 4: Financing Strategies
- Chapter 5: Engaging Stakeholders and the Public
- Chapter 6: Developing Municipal Standards for Green Infrastructure as Part of a Green Infrastructure Program
- Chapter 7: Valuing Green Infrastructure
- Chapter 8: Maintenance Programs
- Chapter 9: Adaptive Management
- Chapter 10: Selecting Green Infrastructure Stormwater Controls
- Chapter 11: Evaluating the Feasibility of Green Infrastructure
- Chapter 12: Implementation at the Building and Site Scale
- Chapter 13: Green Infrastructure in Rights-of-Way
- Chapter 14: Implementation of Linked Green Solutions
- Chapter 15: Green Spaces to Improve Waterways and Communities
- Chapter 16: Implementation at the City, Basin, and Regional Level
Order No: P140003EPUB
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
This product includes both EPUB and MOBI formats; EPUB works with Apple iPad and most other e-reading devices such as Barnes and Noble Nook, Sony Reader, and Kobo. The MOBI format works with Amazon Kindle and associated apps. This book is also available in hard copy.
E-books puchased through ShopWEF are for a single-user only. Mutli-user licenses are available. Please contact email@example.com for pricing. All sales of WEF e-books are final.
For instructions on uploading your e-book file to your e-reader, please download instructions or call 1.800.666.0206.
This book was prepared by the Green Infrastructure Implementation Task Force of the Water Environment Federation.