Resource recovery is an emerging societal need around the globe. Due to the ever-increasing pressures on increasingly limited environmental resources, it is critical that recovery of resources (water, nutrients, and energy) from waste streams be implemented. Moving Toward Resource Recovery...
Resource recovery is an emerging societal need around the globe. Due to the ever-increasing pressures on increasingly limited environmental resources, it is critical that recovery of resources (water, nutrients, and energy) from waste streams be implemented. Moving Toward Resource Recovery Facilities is about moving away from waste streams and moving toward values streams. Providing an overview of the fundamental drivers for resource recovery from wastewater and presenting the basic case for resource recovery, Moving Toward Resource Recovery Facilities provides an overview of state-of-the-art technological approaches to resources recovery and provides general guidance on the applicability of recovery technologies for the cross section of facility types. This allows facilities to take steps towards recycling a greater number of otherwise lost resources.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What Resources Can We Recover?
- Chapter 2: The Case for Resource Recovery: Part 1—Global Megatrends in the Water, Energy, and Nutrient Landscape
- Chapter 3: The Case for Resource Recovery: Part 2—Regional Trends in the Water, Energy, and Nutrient Landscape
- Chapter 4: Current State-of-the-Science in Recovery Technology Approaches and Opportunities
- Chapter 5: Case Studies of Recovery Technology Applications
- Chapter 6: Resource Recovery: The Utility Management Perspective
- Chapter 7: Considerations for Selecting and Evaluating Resource Recovery Options
- Chapter 8: Where Do We Go and How Do We Get There?
- Chapter 9: The Next Generation of Resource Recovery Technologies
Order No: P140001EPUB
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
This product includes both EPUB and MOBI formats; EPUB works with Apple iPad and most other e-reading devices such as Barnes and Noble Nook, Sony Reader, and Kobo. The MOBI format works with Amazon Kindle and associated apps. This book is also available in hard copy.
E-books puchased through ShopWEF are for a single-user only. Multi-user licenses are available. Please contact email@example.com for pricing. All sales of WEF e-books are final.
For instructions on uploading your e-book file to your e-reader, please download instructions or call 1.800.666.0206.
This book was prepared by the Moving Toward Resource Recovery Facilities Task Force of the Water Environment Federation.