Cutting edge gas-shale corporate developers, environmental researchers, and concerned municipality representatives present contemporary technical information and explore potential issues and concerns with gas-shale stakeholders. This e-book focuses on related science and engineering...
Cutting edge gas-shale corporate developers, environmental researchers, and concerned municipality representatives present contemporary technical information and explore potential issues and concerns with gas-shale stakeholders. This e-book focuses on related science and engineering technology and presents information on emerging technologies, case studies, and rational cautions for chemical and radiological adverse human and environmental interactions. Includes
• Overview of gas-shale drilling and technology (Fracking 101) and management of water needs, reuse, and disposal.
• Overview of chemical aspects and significant considerations of shale-gas water management.
• Fate and transport of radium brought to the surface during drilling and other associated shale-gas operations.
• Relationship of shale formation properties, produced water quality, and water management strategies.
• The management of divalent metal scale formers (water softening) to enhance reuse of flowback water.
• In-process reuse and recycle of impaired shale-gas waters prior to disposal.
• Laboratory and field data linking conversion of bromides to bromate in conventional drinking water plant chlorination facilities.
• Reversible sorption and desorption of organics from impoundment basins and wells by an innovative organic–inorganic material based on silica.
• Case studies using nonconventional technology for treatment, reuse, and disposal of shale gas waters in Pennsylvania.
• Impoundment liner considerations for flowback water retention.
Order No: P120003EPUB
Publisher: Water Environment Federation
This product includes both EPUB and MOBI formats; EPUB works with Apple iPad and most other e-reading devices such as Barnes and Noble Nook, Sony Reader, and Kobo. The MOBI format works with Amazon Kindle and associated apps. This book is also available in hard copy.
E-books puchased through ShopWEF are for a single-user only. Mutli-user licenses are available. Please contact email@example.com for pricing. All sales of WEF e-books are final.
For instructions on uploading your e-book file to your e-reader, please download instructions or call 1.800.666.0206.