Order No: W090023
Publisher: WEF Press
Produced under the leadership of Dwight D. Bowman, M.S., Ph.D., this groundbreaking publication was developed by leading researchers in the health and environmental sciences fundamental to manure management and water quality protection. This first comprehensive work on manure pathogens details what pathogens are present in manure; what risks they may pose; and how manure can be stored, managed, and treated to reduce risks. The manual also provides background information on modern animal waste management considerations and regulation. Published by WEF Press. Hard cover. 562 pages. 2009.
Available as an ebook from Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble. Click here to order the Kindle Edition from Amazon.com today!
- Introduction to Manure Pathogens, Manure Management and Regulations
- A Description of the Environmental Pollution That Can Result from Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations
- Pathogens in Manure - The USDA's Perspective
- Introduction to Animal Waste Management
- Introduction to Drinking Water Treatment
- Pathogen Removal from Drinking Waters: Regulations and Process Effectiveness
- Potential Viral Transmission Through Animal Manure
- Bacterial Pathogens in Animal Manure
- Protozoan and Helminth Parasites of Animal Manure
- Potential Threat of Prions in Manure
- Details of Some Manure Associated Pathogen Outbreaks in People
- Antibiotics in Manure
- Manure Pathogens and Their Effects on Humans
- Risk Assessment as Applied to Manure-Borne Pathogens
- Environmental Survival of Parasites
- Pathogens, Water and Transport
- Persistence and Transport of Pathogens from Animal Agriculture in Soil and Water
- Introduction to Processes Used for Pathogen Destruction in Solids and Effluents
- Detecting Parasites in Environmental Samples
- Industrial Composting
- Swine Waste Generation, Collection, Storage, and Treatment Options
- On Farm Processing of Dairy Manure
- In-Vessel Composting Systems: A Potential Turn-Key Process for Calf-Greenhouse Waste
- The Realities of Handling Poultry Waste
- The Advent of Value-Added Products from Manure and Municipal Biosolids
- Future Directions in Animal Waste Management
This publication is available to members and customers outside the U.S., its territories, Canada, and Mexico by ordering through www.portlandpress.com.
Select a quantity between 1 and 99. If you would like to order more, please change the quantity in the shopping cart.