Order No: WPM402
Publisher: WEF Press
Focusing on issues of increasing urgency, this comprehensive manual of practice teaches the reader expert methods for handling all financial aspects of wastewater collection and treatment. Created and peer-reviewed by international authorities at the Water Environment Federation, Financing and Charging for Wastewater Systems delivers up-to-date options, tools, and techniques for managing assets, financing capital improvements, and developing rates and charges that accurately and fairly reflect costs of service.
Featuring numerous case studies of real-world applications, the guidebook explains and illustrates choices in methods of analysis, structuring, and equitable allocation of the costs of wastewater collection and treatment. Financing and Charges for Wastewater Systems untangles the complexities involved in integrating the multiple considerations entailed in developing fair cost allocations and rates for service, and provides tested methods for confronting complicated decisions. Of interest to utility managers, municipal officials, engineers, accountants, rate analysts, attorneys, and all others involved in this arena, this authoritative professional resource conveys sound financial strategies for managing functions of increasing consequence and cost. There is no better guide to the financial side of wastewater management. Published by WEF Press. Hard cover. 300 pages. 2004.
- Institutional Issues
- Financial Management and Accounting for Wastewater Systems
- Financing Capital Improvements
- Determination of Revenue Requirements
- Allocating Costs of Services to Cost-Causative Components
- Distribution of Costs of Services to Customer Classes
- Development and Design of a Schedule of Rates and Charges
- Rates for Reuse or Reclaimed Water
- System Development Charges
- Implementing Rate Studies
- Affordability Utility Approach to Cost Allocation
- Municipal Utility Case Law
This publication is available to members and customers outside the U.S., its territories, Canada, and Mexico by ordering through www.portlandpress.com.
Select a quantity between 1 and 99. If you would like to order more, please change the quantity in the shopping cart.