Order No: W090022
Publisher: WEF Press
Incineration is a reliable and cost-effective method of solids handling because the potential for energy recovery and reduction in volume and weight greatly reduces treatment and disposal costs. This newest Manual of Practice is essential to designing and operating the most up-to-date facilities for solids incineration.
This comprehensive manual offers you expert incineration guidance for biosolids and wastewater applications, covering current practice and environmentally friendly choices. The book fully explains the safety, permitting, design, operations, and maintenance of the incineration process. Filled with case studies and sample combustion calculations, this hands-on resource presents updated information on combustion theory and technology, heat recovery and reuse, emission control and monitoring, ash handling and recycling, regulation and permitting requirements, economics and environmental sustainability of combustion, and more. Use of wastewater solids incineration systems is increasing for the following reasons:
- approximately 95% reduction in volume and 70% reduction in weight of solids, which greatly reduces transportation requirements
- complete destruction of pathogens, viruses, and organic compounds in solids
- potential for heat energy recovery for autogenous combustion and process use, building heating, or power generation
- decreasing public acceptance of biosolids land application in some locations
- increasing complexity of treatment processes to produce Class A biosolids for land application
Published by WEF Press. Hard cover. 360 pages. 2009.
Available as an ebook from Amazon, Apple, and Barnes & Noble. Click here to order the Kindle Edition from Amazon.com today!
- Permitting and Emissions Regulations
- Combustion Theory and Practice
- Combustion Technology
- Heat Recovery and Reuse
- Emission Control and Monitoring
- Ash Handling and Recycling
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Incineration Operation
- Incineration Maintenance
- Appendix: Combustion Fundamentals
- Appendix: Incineration Systems
- Determination of Wasterwater Solids
- Incineration Costs
- Appendix: Case Studies
This publication is available to members and customers outside the U.S., its territories, Canada, and Mexico by ordering through www.portlandpress.com.
Select a quantity between 1 and 99. If you would like to order more, please change the quantity in the shopping cart.